Coming soon... Anne is hosting a new Provincetown TV series, Word on the Street, sharing music and stories with Provincetown's street performers. For upcoming episodes, check out the PTV site. [View press release]
November 16-18: Anne is playing Harper in a staged reading of Angels in America Part 2: Perestroika at the UU Church. Details here.
October 12th & 13th: Anne will appear as Lil Mary in Provincetown Cares staged reading of The Women at Provincetown's Town Hall.
Anne is providing the soundtrack to David Drake's performance piece, The Birth of Tawny, at 10 Days That Shook the World at Herring Cove Bathhouse on October 4th.
August is the month of gallery! First a launch party for my handmade compilation, Everything is Different All Over Again. It's a collection of writings and sketches from the last few years (detail below). Then, a night of ready and music at AMP on August 31st. Get all the details here.
- The Scammies Tour
The Scammies Tour rocked the northeast! Anne will be hitting Lilypad in August and more summer gigs are being added, so check back often. And if you're in Provincetown this summer, look for Anne on the street...
Musicians Against Deception is out on the road in April with The Scammies Tour, taking back music for independent musicians. Six acts (Amber Blues, Anne Stott, Babydriver, The Mike Montrey Band, SYKA, and Their Planes Will Block Out the Sun) came together when they were all scammed by the same PR fraud. Now they're out to take revenge rock n roll style: by telling their story and making some noise.
For tour dates, check the live page.
For more info, read the press release.
Visit Musicians Against Deception Facebook page.
- Anne will emerge from her writing winter for a few shows at the end of January. Then it's back to the writing until the Anti-Scam Tour in April. Check the live page as dates are being added all the time.
- Anne's set at Brew'd Awakening in Lowell, MA was reviewed by UMass Lowell Connector:
"Anne played with a polished style and a beautiful voice...Her music can be felt as well as heard..."
- Check back soon for more show dates.
- Monday, August 15th: Only Us and I Don't Know a Thing About Love will be part of the soundtrack on NECN's morning show from 7am to 9am. If you're in New England and an early news person, check it out: http://www.necn.com/pages/themorningshow
- More videos up on YouTube, including street performances and videos in cupcake shops and campers! Only four more weeks of summer on the streets of Provincetown. Come on by and say hello, listen to some tunes old and new, buy the album, PENNSYLVANIA, and share some shore town music love!
- Anne has hit the street for the Anne Stott Commercial Street International Street Tour 2011. If you're coming to the cape, shoot me a message and you can find out good times to catch Anne performing.
- Anne's Nashville debut is Sunday, June 12th at the Bluebird Cafe. Check the live page for all the details.
- Songs from PENNSYLVANIA can be heard on these internet radio stations:
Cygnus Radio, Women of Substance Radio, Jango Radio
- Songs from PENNSYLVANIA can be heard on these radio programs/stations:
- Only Us is in rotation on The Songwriter's Network, which streams Saturdays from 6pm to 10pm on www.musictogousa.com
- Several songs from the album are now in rotation at INDIE 104, a streaming independent radio station out of LA: www.indie104.com
- Search for my name and request the tunes. And look for an upcoming co-host spot on one of their shows!
- Anne Stott celebrates new album Sunday at Bubala’s in Provincetown [Wicked Local/Cape Cod]
- A Boston debut. Album release parties. Check out the live page for the 411.
- Just wrapped a three day run of The Jazz Funeral of Stella Brooks as part of the Provincetown Tennessee Williams Festival. So much fun to play a choir member and sing some gospel. Can I get a witness?
- Eight songs for the new album are recorded and mixed and one song is getting re-recorded from scratch this week. Beginnings and endings. The album should be named and available for your digital and material consumption by early June. More news soon.
- Opening May 13th, Anne will be appearing as Mrs. Gibbs in David Drake's production of Our Town at the Provincetown Theater. For show times and tickets, visit http://www.provincetowntheater.org/
- On February 12th, Anne will play guitar for Starsky + Cox in their Valentine's show Two Hearts Bleed As One at Joe's Pub.
- Anne will be going into the studio this April with Jack Petruzelli to record her next album. More news soon.
After a full summer of playing the street, Anne is writing and re-writing in preparation for recording a new cd this winter.
Anne is featured in three new videos, produced by SOLOBOOM, a new website for independent singer/songwriters. Watch the videos here.
Fall 2008: Anne finished a three week run as Kryla in David Drake's production of
Poor Superman at the Provincetown Arthouse.
|February 2008: Rest stop breaks the top 100 on Neil Young's Living with War website. Hear thousands of independent anti-war songs on the website.|
|March 2007: Anne is added to the roster of artists at Hospital Audiences, Inc., providing on-site entertainment to hospitals and institutions throughout New York City.
- Anne is a full member of the Lavender Light Black and People of All Colors Gay and Lesbian Gospel Choir.
- Anne was selected to showcase her work at the 11th annual Millenium Music Conference in Harrisburg, PA in February 2007. See the live page for performance details.
Crystal Blue: On March 12, 2006, Dan Herman spun "Rest
Stop" on his internet radio show. Listen
to the whole show by following the instructions
at the following link: http://cblue.lunarpages.com Also,
until 03/29, Dan’s holding a vote to see
which artists will get continued airplay. Do
the right thing…
songs from untitled mind have been added to the
playlist of Pete Harris’ “New to
Harris Radio” program which runs 4 times
a day (6am, 9am, 6pm, & 9pm) on live365. After
a month as a new edition, I’ll be added
to his regular rotation. Harris Radio is
a great station for getting in touch with New
York’s independent music scene. Get
more information and link to the radio program:
FYI, Pete also produces Indie Sounds NY - the only monthly publication focusing on the NYC Indie Music Scene! Pick it up at music venues across NYC, or download it from www.indiesoundsny.com
|Girlfriends Magazine: Anne's recent CD "untitled mind" is reviewed in the February 2006 issue. Download the PDF to read all about it.|
She Grooves: On February 1, 2006 Theresa spun a tune from untitled mind on Female Musician’s radio show, She Grooves Radio Hour Special: NY Indie Artists. The show aired on 88.9fm WCVF in Fredonia, NY at 6pm. Download an mp3 of the whole show or go to the iTunes 'Advanced' window and type http://shegrooves.podbus.com into the subscription area.
Radio Crystal Blue: On January 22nd, 2006, Dan Herman spun "Rest Stop" on his internet radio show. Listen to the whole show by following the instructions at the following link: http://cblue.lunarpages.com
Indie-Music.com: In their January 9 issue, Jennifer Layton reviewed
Anne's ep, untitled mind. Read the review online or download a PDF archive.
|Radio Crystal Blue: On November 6, 2005, Dan Herman spun "So Close" on his internet radio show. Dan features a great mix of popular favorites and local songwriters. New shows air Sundays at 7pm on http://www.live365.com|
Web surfing: If you're in need of fodder for late night web surfing, I have pages on these websites:
*Broadjam doesn't let you link directly to the page, so you have to search for me on this one.